Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Broken Reflection



Once I loved, I believed, I trusted. I failed, I cried, I moved on. Then I loved again. I invested, I exerted, I hoped, I fought. But eventually, I became weak, I got tired, I let go. Love doesn’t always succeed. But it always teaches us to let go if we can no longer hold on.

I don’t know why we all hang on to something we know we’re better off letting go. It’s like we’re scared to lose what we don’t even really have. Some of us say we rather have that something than absolutely nothing. But the truth is: to have it halfway is harder than not having it all.

I believe the saddest thing in life, is caring so much for someone and then one day you look into their eyes and listen to them talk and realize that they are gone. All you see in front of you is a stranger with just a known name.

I wish my brain had a map to tell me where my heart should go.

~Izzatis~

1 comment:

  1. Calm down..the stars is with u Izzati. Trust me.

    Orca

    ReplyDelete